Friday 14 January 2011

Day 12 - Kathmandu 4th April

As you can see the air lift went ahead at 8 this morning. I woke at about 6 and my stuff was packed away. Just before 8 sat in the lounge a helicopter thundered over head, and, half carried half lead by Dendi, me and Vicki climbed aboard. 15 mins in we picked up a man with suspected HAPE and 10 minutes later we landed in Lukla. Where we waited for 45 minutes and played a game of musical helicopters. For the next 45 minutes I was sat in the front of the helicopter and got to see the fantastic views of the Himalayan foothills and Nepalese countryside. At the airport we transferred to an "ambulance" (minibus with stretcher) and went to the clinic. If I ever get ill here I will go back to that clinic, the choice was IV fluids or lay in a bed with my iPod and drink sprite and apple juice then try to eat a banana. That evening after a few tests I was free to go but told to return if it got worse or if i got headaches. Sitting back in our hotel waiting for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment