Saturday 15 January 2011

Day 13 - Kathmandu 5th April

It's decided then that me and Vicky will be tourists for the next week or so. It's not all that bad however, we woke at a very civilised hour and ate at 9, back on the set breakfasts. After that we met a friend of Dendi's who is to be our guide and planned tomorrow and the day after with her. Today though we played it slow went browsing in the morning, bought a book each, returned to dine on the rooftop garden for lunch and chillaxed all afternoon untill spag bog dinner and now an early night. First I shall describe my room as I may not be in it much longer. Fairly small just big enough for the double bed and desk, the bathroom is fine, small and a little dirty but miles better than anything I have had over the past few days. The only power is one bulb  in the main room which follows the same erratic timetable as the rest of the city. The views are ok, out to the rooftop garden on one side and another building on the other. But the problem is the lock, which can take up to 10 minutes to open and is why I will probably be moving.

Our trekking company, would recommend them to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment